Disclosure and Complaint


You can make a disclosure if you witness a situation that is suspicious or contrary to government policies and guidelines within a department or an agency that comes under the jurisdiction of the Auditor General (see the section About Us > Legislative Auditing), for example:

  • Inappropriate use of funds
  • Embezzlement
  • Fraud
  • Gross mismanagement

However, the Auditor General does not deal with the following situations:

  • Personal situations
  • Organization of work or work relations concerning one or more people
  • Questioning of an act, program or government policy
  • A non-systemic situation or a situation of very limited scope
  • Requests to amend an act or regulation

The Auditor General also does not deal with cases that have already been examined by a court of law or an administrative tribunal. For such cases, please contact the entity concerned.


You can make a complaint if you believe that, in carrying out an audit, the Auditor General has not complied with:

  • Professional standards
  • Requirements under an act or a regulation
  • A code of ethics
  • The Auditor General’s quality control system

You can also use the complaint form to tell us about any other dissatisfaction with a service provided by the Auditor General.

However, this complaint form may not be used to question the results or findings of an audit or the professional decisions that underlie it.

All information provided in a disclosure or a complaint is confidential and protected by the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information. As a result, the person or organization in question will not know who made the complaint or disclosure.

If you would like to contribute to ongoing or planned audits, please consult the Audit Contribution section to see the subjects of the audits. You can send us information using the audit contribution form.

If you wish to make a disclosure under the Act to facilitate the disclosure of wrongdoings relating to public bodies, we invite you to visit the website of the Québec Ombudsman and contact that organization. Note that staff members of public bodies covered under the Act can also contact, as necessary, the person responsible for monitoring disclosures within their respective organization. If you believe you have been the victim of an error or an injustice on the part of a department or an agency that falls within the field of jurisdiction of the Québec Ombudsman, or if you are dissatisfied with the quality of the public services you are receiving, please contact the Québec Ombudsman.